It took a while to find a chiropractor that I was comfortable with, because I am not fond of the idea in the first place. After my OB recommended I see a personal friend of his who was a DC. So I wasn't able to get an appointment with him until tomorrow morning.
This week my back has gradually gotten to the point of being bearable. The soreness gradually
diminished and was gone by Friday. However I still had acute pain when I tried to sit or stand, get out of the car or out of bed, etc. This morning I woke up feeling the best I have all week. Not pain free, but definitely manageable. Just knowing that I am improving makes me feel so much better about everything... I was so worried that I was going to have to deal with that pain for the duration of my pregnancy, which would have been unbearable.
So hopefully the Chiropractor will let me know exactly whats going on with my body. After doing some research online, I have self diagnosed myself with Sacroiliac Dislocation/Subluxation, which seems to be a common back/pelvic ailment in pregnancy. We'll see if I'm right.
In other news, on Tuesday morning I will be going to have my screening for Gestational Diabetes. Basically I have to fast overnight, then go to Quest and drink this drink that tastes like Orange Pop without the fizz... then sit around for an hour reading a book, THEN get my blood drawn to see if my body has properly handled the glucose. If my readings come back fine, YAY!... if they don't I have to go back for a 3 hour test where they draw blood three times! I really hope I pass!



No comments:
Post a Comment