Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 34

This week in our baby bump picture I didn't chop off my face so that I could show off my new "mommy" haircut. On Thursday I lost about 7 inches of hair, and I love it!

The belly is ever-expanding, and baby Regan spends a lot of her time kicking mommy in places that cause pain, such as major organs. I am fairly certain that she is still breech, but we may find out for sure on Wednesday at the Dr's.

This week is also my last week at work, and while I will miss everyone there dearly while I am gone, I am very excited to have some time to rest at home, and get things done that need getting done. The nursery is coming together now, after we organized all of our gifts from the shower. Kevin and I made a trip to Babies R' Us on Friday to use some coupons we had on things we still needed.

Babies R' Us is about the most frustrating place on the planet. Everyone who works there is "strange" in their own special way, you need a hieroglyphics decoder to read the registry print out, and obviously nearly everyone shopping there is either largely pregnant or toting a small child, so you think they should make the isles slightly wider than the normal store!

We were looking for the mobile for the crib, and the sheet said that it was in the store but... Location: Unknown
What? You have it, but you can't tell me where to find it...?

Searching for something in this place makes me want to give up and cry... but we persevered and managed to get everything we came for. A trip to Target followed on Saturday to pick up a few more things and some inevitable essentials like diapers and wipes.

I think we are officially at the point where if she decided to come today, we would be OK. I have her bag packed for the hospital, and put as many things as I can live without in a bag for myself, so I am feeling prepared. I think I will spend the next four weeks cleaning the house, making some small final preparations, and resting. I can't wait!

No comments: