To kick it all off, Kevin and I had to go out of town for a few days, leaving Regan in the capable hands of the grandmothers. By the end of the first day, all the grandparents were calling to tell me that Regan was not feeling well, and was running a fever, and having tummy troubles. Luckily Kevin and I were coming home the next day, so they kept a close watch on her and she seemed to be doing fine.
They day after we got home was Regan's 2nd Birthday. She was all excited when she woke up, and we sang happy birthday to her, and told her when daddy got home we would do cake and presents. Regan and I were supposed to go to our usual library class, and I made cake pops shaped like little chicks for all the kids:
(Why, do you ask? Because I'm super mom... and I was guilted into making something cool after the other moms brought in snacks. Don't judge me...)
So that morning Regan celebrated getting dressed in her birthday shirt by ceremoniously throwing up all over it. Great. Into the tub she went; I sent the snacks to the library with Grandma who was working anyway. Then Regan took a nap because she looked beat all of the sudden. She woke from her nap to the tune of more vomiting, and another bath. After that we just snuggled on the couch and watched TV, drank plenty of fluids. I tried to explain to her that it was not her fault, because I think she was feeling guilty about making a mess of everything. I told her it was a bummer, and that we would have a "do-over" of her birthday on Sunday when the family was planning on coming over for dinner and cake.
Regan napped on the couch for a couple of hours, and when she woke up she was feeling much more chipper. She even asked me to take some pictures of her:
After daddy came home, Regan ate a little bit, and kept it down, so we decided to sing happy birthday and have cake - though I removed most of the frosting from her piece - just in case.So after cake we let her open her presents from us. We got her all of the stuffed food you could ever dream of from IKEA, and a Magna-Doodle... all of which she absolutely loved.
By then end of the day Regan was beat, and went to bed after the usual routine. She slept though the night, only waking once, so we knew she was still feeling a bit under the weather.
The next day we found out that all the grandparents (with the exception of Papa) AND uncle Colin, were sick with a stomach bug... of course everyone blamed Regan for being the source, but Kevin and I felt fine, so we figured it might have been one of them who gave it to her.
That day we took Regan to the doctor for her 2 year check-up. She had seemed to fully recover from her illness the day before, and they weren't concerned about it. She checked out perfectly, of course. Here are her current measurements:
Weight: 23# 7oz - 11%
Height: 33" - 25%
After the doctors we went our to lunch as a family. I spent some time working on a cake for the party on Sunday. I made cupcakes for Regan and Beth, since her birthday was Saturday.
Kevin stayed home from work just in case one of us fell ill to the dreaded disease that was going around, but we truly felt fine... until about 7pm that night.
Kevin succumbed to the porcelain throne first, with me following close behind at about 1AM. Neither of us slept very well, and by 8AM we were calling for back-up. Grandma & Grandpa were feeling better by then, so they agreed to take Regan for the day so we could sleep it off.
Thankfully by the next day we were all feeling much better, however, understandably, no one wanted to come over to our house for a party, so we cancelled the food, and put the cake in the fridge for a later day. We spent party day Lysol-ing every surface imaginable and bleaching all the laundry. Regan did get to open some gifts from Uncle Colin and Grandma and Grandpa, and her and Grandma shared a cupcake (mostly because they were the only two who felt up to eating anything.) Here are a few pictures of her modeling her pretty dress she was going to wear for her party. She loved having it on, and kept saying she was "fancy".
On top of all of that, I am 31 weeks pregnant today, which means I have exactly 8 weeks left till this baby is born! I go to the doctor for a routine visit on Wednesday, so i'll post more then.



No comments:
Post a Comment