So this weeks blog post is almost a week late, but I have a reasonable excuse... I was dying and slow and painful death.
This past weekend started out great. We had a get-together at our house to celebrate Derek and Kevin's birthdays, a little belated, with the family, and then Kevin and I went to our last hockey game of the regular season. The next morning I woke up feeling like death. I head a fever, chills, aches, pains, sore throat, stuffy nose... you name it. Kevin went to work for a little bit in the morning, while I checked with my doctor to confirm that I was basically SOL, and just had to suck it up. Thankfully Kevin came home shortly after Regan woke up from her nap and I was able to just moan on the couch & lay in bed for the rest of the day.
My fever broke at 3am the next morning and after that I was able to get a little rest, but it was difficult because my nose was completely stuffed up. Of course the only medication I can take right now is Tylenol, which really didn't help at all with the fever or the achy-ness. Thankfully Mom & Dad came home from Florida the next day and offered to take Regan for a while so I could sleep during the day, when I could breathe out of at least one nostril at a time. Today I am finally feeling like I am on the mend, and had a mostly normal feeling day. I never want to be sick + pregnant + have a toddler, ever again. I did manage to muster up enough energy to make corned beef and cabbage on Thursday, so St. Patty's Day or as Regan calls it "Happy Saint Rian Patricks day!") was not completely lost.
Ok, whine over...
Back to baby business. This week we get a new monthly produce!
"Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments. "
Rian has been rocking and rolling in-utero as of late. He loves to simply push on my belly with even pressure for long periods of time. I think he needs more room, because its feeling awfully cramped in there already. My belly is trying to accommodate though - only 65 days left!:
 |
| Week 29 Belly - St. Patrick's Day |
Regan and I still managed to have fun on St. Patrick's day. We went to the library for our class and learned about colors. She wanted me to take her picture, and we have been practicing her "nice smile" instead of her chin up in the air, eyes closed, smile.
 |
| Showing off her balloon from Wegmans, her favorite part of every trip |
 |
| the "other smile" - showing off her sunglasses |
 |
| Uncle Colin recently taught her to wave her hand in front of her face and say "you can't see me"... thanks Colin... |
 |
| Friday we went for our first inaugural trip to Kone King, this was Regan's first time eating a cone herself |
 |
| She did a really good job, ate the whole thing, and was really happy about it! |
 |
| Today we went up to the outlets, and stopped at the Falls |
 |
| This was Regan's first visit, she liked the waterfall, but LOVED the rainbow it was making |
 |
| Regan and Daddy at the Falls |
I promise I will update on Monday of this week, even though there won't be much to report.
No comments:
Post a Comment