In celebration of this milestone, we decided to reveal the name we've chosen for our baby boy. We hung the letters in his room this week, and made it official:
His middle name will be Patrick. Many of you may wonder why we went with an alternate spelling for his first name. Our reasoning was simple...we liked the name Ryan, but we wanted to pay homage to both of the Grandfathers. Kevin's fathers name is Brian, so we simply dropped the B and made my Dads name the middle name. Rian Patrick Kerl.
Regan is already in love with her little brothers name, and refers to him by name when we ask her who's in mommy's belly, or who's room this is.
Secondly, I must address the sudden development of the sports theme for the room. We had initially agreed that Kevin wasn't allowed to do sports, and I wasn't allowed to do animals. That all went out the window when Kevin found this sports bedding set on super clearance at Target, and I had a weak moment. I was just so excited that Kevin was so excited about it, so I caved. Now, slowly, sports are infiltrating every aspect of his room.Now I have to go back to eating the sponge candy my wonderful husband got me for Valentines Day...though I should probably save it for after I find out if I have gestational diabetes...



No comments:
Post a Comment