"It's a Mango! Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature."
We had an exciting weekend this past week to ring in the new year. On Friday Kevin and I headed to Syracuse for his college roommate Rocky's wedding. We stayed with his other roommate Kyle and his wife Sharon, who is also pregnant (about 6 weeks ahead of me). It was so great to visit with everyone and we had a great time at the wedding. It was hard to be "bean free" for the overnight, but we all survived, and Regan had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa Gannon.
We also took down the Christmas tree so that we could put up a very exciting gift from Santa...
Her new tree tent!
Even Daddy and Mommy can fit in there too!
Crazy Hair
We also had a nice visit from Rachel, Mike, Giulianna, and baby Rhyon. I forgot to take any pictures, but I think Rachel managed to take a few, so hopefully I can post those soon!
Less than three days till our ultrasound!!



No comments:
Post a Comment