Thursday, January 6, 2011

Big Day - In More Ways Than One

Well today was a big day, and we had our big ultrasound.  Regan also had a big milestone today, first haircut.

Let me start by saying that this was an unplanned haircut.  She was happily eating her pancakes smothered in syrup this morning, when she put a big gob in her hair and smeared it all around...creating a giant sticky knot of curls and syrup.  After numerous attempts to clean and brush it out, it was still a giant knot, and Regan was screaming for me to stop trying to brush her hair.

So I had to cut it out of her hair.  She was really excited to get her hair cut, because she sees me cut Kevin and my Dads hair all the time.  She got out the stool that Kevin sits on and put it in the middle of the kitchen.  I cut about an inch off the bottom of her hair in the back, so it falls even with the hair on the side now.

I was sad that this is the way she got her first haircut - but I did save the little curls for her baby book, and she doesn't look "chopped" up, so I think it went as well as it could.  Here are some "after" shots:

So after work Kevin met me at the doctors office for our anatomy scan.  We were both really excited to see if the prediction from out 12 week scan was going be to true.  We had both been feeling girl from the beginning.  The tech asked us if we wanted to know, and we said yes.  We got our answer fairly quickly because the first shot she took we saw this:
 It's a BOY!  We were both shocked!  Even though we both knew that there was a good chance it could still be a boy, to actually hear those words was really surprising.  We are so excited at the prospect of a son, and I am excited to go shopping for baby clothes!  Here are some other shots of the baby:
 He was moving around like crazy, and at one point was all balled up in this picture

What a crazy day!  On Monday this baby boy will be half way cooked!

1 comment:

Grandma G said...

I like the way you changed the timeline to a more baby boy one! I am excited to have a grandson!!!