Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 36

Well, my freezer is officially full of all kinds of casseroles and other easy freezer meals. Kevin and I will not starve once the baby gets here. I even got a sign of good luck while I was cooking; double yolks!

This week we went over to Beth's for Derek's 5th birthday party. He patted my belly and told me that the baby was getting really big in there and that I'm starting to look like Santa. I think that it's great that he is even concerned about the baby at this point. He said that when the baby is born she is going to be very small and you have to be gentle with her, "like Jack". Jack is my in-laws little dog (see picture), who we tell Derek he has to be gentle with because he has "little bones". Too cute.
This weekend we had our all-day childbirth class, which we didn't really need to take, but I think we would of felt like bad parents if we didn't attend something. It was from 8am to 5pm.... ugh. We sat through videos, did "breathing exercises", and learned all about childcare. The truly interesting part was the tour of the delivery rooms, and recovery. We got to oogle at all of the babies in the nursery too! It really hit home, the fact that those people will be us in about two weeks!

No comments: