Well, it has been a very interesting/eventful week for me at work. I decided to tell my boss and office manager that Kevin and I were expecting, and it was very well received. Dr. Keem gave me a great big hug, and was so happy and excited for me. My office manager told me that if I needed any special time off for Dr's appointments and things to just let her know. All in all it went really well, and it was a big relief to not have to worry about things any more.
On Wednesday I ended up having to tell one of the technicians about my news because she asked me to help her take an x-ray. I was initially reluctant to tell this woman in particular, because we don't get along very well, and disagree on everything. Also, she had a baby nearly 2 years ago (which, in her opinion, automatically makes her an expert on pregnancy and children) so I was not looking forward to the outpouring of "maternal advice" I knew she would be sharing with me. And... I was also worried that she would not keep my news a secret, and go and blab it to her husband, or mother (who lives next-door to my Aunt).
So now everyone at work knows, and seems pretty excited about it. Plus, it is so nice to be able to talk to people about it since I promised Kevin I wouldn't tell anyone else until Sept. 7th
It seem so far away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment