So I had my first doctors appointment yesterday, and everything went really well. I didn't have to have blood work done (yet) so that made me really happy, but I still need to get it done before my next appointment. So I met the NP Kris, who is the nicest person ever, she made me feel totaly excited and at ease with everything.
So she asked me a bunch of questions and did and exam on me... when she was done she said, "I bet you $100 that you will be a scheduled c-section." Music to my ears. She told me that I have a ovoid shaped pelvic opening and that there is no way that my baby's cranium is ever going to fit through there. Just then the Dr. called her into another room, and I had time to revel in the enjoyment of what she just told me. When she returned, Dr. Todoro was with her. "...I'm telling you there is no way..." she said. The Dr. examined me and said that he would not know for sure until my pelvis moves into position, but apparently I have a "flat" symphasis, and that since the same thing happened to my mother, it will more than likely to be scheduled.
Yay! I am just so excited to know that I will not have to do that whole "labor" thing... because seriously, if it's called labor, it's not fun... and if you can skip it...why not? I knew I wanted an epidural anyway, so that's inevitable.
So...I have no idea what my official due date is... the nurse told me it was March 30th, my charting tells me its April 6th, and the ultrasound says its April 4, and Kris put me at about April 2nd. Oh, did I say ultrasound?
TaDa!!!! Say hello to baby Kerl! Cant you see it? Its that thing in the middle...no not the black thing. See that bubble in the middle of the black thing?... that's not it either. See that little white dot next to the bubble inside the black thing? That's it!!! That's our baby!!! Only six weeks old, and measuring right on target. I even got to see the heartbeat flicker on the monitor. I cried. A lot.
My next appointment is not until 12 weeks, and we get to go to a special place where we can view the ultrasound on a big screen TV! By then everyone will know and it will be even more exciting.
While we are at it, it's time to post the week 6 belly picture. The bloat is really starting to show now. Just water weight, not an official belly yet, but it is getting bigger. Right now I just feel really fat, like I gained 5 pounds around my middle. Yuck!



No comments:
Post a Comment